Sunday, December 24, 2017

An Early Christmas Day gift

Every year I treat myself to a beach walk on Christmas Day.  Because the forecast for tomorrow is rather dodgy I went for my beach walk a day early.  I wanted to explore a peninsula that juts out into the Atlantic just past Lawrencetown Beach.

To get to the peninsula we had to skirt a lot of areas where the trail was totally water-covered due to our many recent rains. 

  

The lush woods ... make me happy.


Today was sunny and a few degrees above freezing.  Waves were crashing in with frothy enthusiasm.  It was very nice for late December.


I was a bit worried about the dogs romping off leash near the cliff's edge but then I realized it was not as steep and perilous as I'd thought.  A human would have a much rougher time tumbling down the slope that a four-legger would.


Erosion is certainly eating away at the landscape.

I wonder if this tree will be there the next time I go ?

A light breeze carried marvellous scents of salt and seaweed.  



I thought at first that Sooki was looking off a steep cliff and then Wendy appeared.  Guess it wasn't as steep as I thought.


I love watching them romp.  Their simple joy at running free is wonderful to see.


It was an early Christmas gift to myself, and a couple of furry chums.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May you find joy in your life during what can be a difficult time for many of us.

If you are struggling, reach out to a friend.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous outing :-) Merry Christmas to you and Wendy and Sooki :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. You don't have to go far for a beach walk ... Happy New Year kiddo.

      Delete
  2. Lovely kind of thing to do ( we usually go for a hike with Molly, our black lab, too). Only Lake Ontario, not the wild expanse of the Atlantic Ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lake Ontario can get pretty wild in the winter.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your doggies! Yes, I hear a winter storm will be plaguing the Maritimes today. No storms here in Alberta -- cold and clear. In fact, we're back in the deep freeze for at least the next week, -30 at night kind of deep freeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That deep freeze moved in the next day. So glad I had this walk when I could. I'm not a fan of Canadian winter.

      Stay warm ....

      Delete
  4. We are hoping for a beach walk, but it has been so cold we have been putting it off. Glad you got your traditional walk in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure wouldn't go to the beach given how cold it is now. You're lucky to have that dog park and wonderful trail nearby.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.